Housing Officer - Remote Working
Locations: North London - Remote
Salary: Upto £34,000 + £3,500 location allowance + fuel allowance
Hours: Mon - Fri (8.30am-5pm 40 hours per week).
Benefits: 20 days holiday increasing to 25 days with service, pension, and life insurance.
Job Type: Permanent
Our client is a leading short-term accommodation and support services provider to the public sector who have been successfully providing short term accommodation to central and local government for over 14 years. They pride themselves on providing quality, cost effective and transparent solutions to their customers.
They seek a Housing Officer to join the team.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This role involves working from home with daily travel to provide direct support and management to the Service Users. The role requires the Local Manager to manage own caseload and follow procedures in order meet Key Performance Objectives. The role also involves inspection and management of properties used by Service Users (SUs).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Supporting the Service User (SU)
- Manage a caseload of around 200-250 Service Users
- Attend dispersal and conduct induction of SU into property
- Sign-post as necessary to doctors, shops, support agencies, etc
- Conduct monthly visits and report any incidents, SU issues, absconsions, etc.
- Ensure SU's are Moved On no later than the last date of payments to CSM
- Arrange initial transport of SU's to their accommodation or any relocation as required
- Ensure that health and safety of SU's are maintained at all times
- Complete BI weekly welfare checks of the SU's.
Managing a property portfolio
- Effect appropriate maintenance of properties
- Conduct monthly inspections and report defects as required
- Ensure all items within property are replaced /repaired as required in line with inventory procedure
- Make recommendations to line manager regarding any relocation's of SU's and termination of properties to provide more efficient use of portfolio/void management
- Prepare property for re-occupation after SU's move on
- Ensure terminated properties are effectively prepared for hand back to landlord
- Effect minor property repairs if necessary
- Ensure the properties are maintained according to Health and Safety guidelines and company procedures
- Ensure stores are maintained in line with purchasing procedure
Previous experience in a similar housing role is necessary and you must also have a valid UK Driving License and your own vehicle to travel to work locations, a fuel allowance is given.
Please note any offer of employment will be subject to a clear DBS check and referencing which will be undertaken by the company.
If interested, please apply ASAP!