Berry Chiswick is looking for an Accounts Assistant.Your role
As an Accounts Assistant, you will support the maintenance of the Finance Function, reporting to the Dealership Accountant. However, to facilitate the achievement of department dealership goals, you will work closely with Purchase Ledger Clerks, Credit controllers and Cashiers.
Within this role, you will cover multiple aspects of the department, such as:
- Assisting with credit control duties
- Debt chasing
- Ensuring all sales ledger deadlines are met
- Ensuring the Internal Accounts reconcile each month and contra allocate
- Assisting with Purchase Ledger duties
- Processing invoices
- Raising and processing manual payments for vehicles and customer refunds
- Weekly accruals versus estimates cleardowns surrounding new and used BMW and MINI
- Assisting with collating the weekly BACS run for submission
- Quarterly GIS review and clear down
- Ensure there are no payments on the account
- Ensure all accounts deadlines are met
- Reconciliations, including bank
The ideal candidate will be organised, attentive to detail, and have excellent interpersonal skills. The role will require you to work to targets and deadlines, work without close supervision and speak over the phone therefore, you must be self-motivated, committed and professional. You will also have office 365 knowledge, specifically Excel, and a background in Accounts.
Experience using Keyloop DRIVE software is an advantage, but not essential.