Location: United Kingdom - Flexible
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time / Permanent
Are you an experienced Senior Software Developer looking to utilise your expertise in a Global Engineering Organisation that makes a difference in the world?
Babcock is a leading provider of critical and complex engineering services, which support national defence, save lives and protect communities. This is a once in a career opportunity to support the development and management of applications within our Corporate Services Sector which conducts complex engineering projects.
Who we are looking for?
This role is ideal for an experienced developer looking to expand on their skillset whilst being an integral part delivering support, development and management of applications that contribute to maintaining a Global FTSE 500 Defence organisation.
What will you be doing?
The role of Senior Developer is part of the Software Development Team within Babcock Corporate Services and reports directly to the Software Development Team Leader. You will work with a team of Developers, Testers, Analysts, Project Managers and Solution Managers throughout the software development life cycle, following Agile principles. Your main purpose will be to develop technical solutions to support business processes within the organisation and to support updates to existing solutions. This role will take responsibility for developing software against business requirements, both functional and non-functional. You will also provide guidance to other team members and participate in continuous improvement for the development process.
Your duties will also include:
- You will be responsible for developing and maintaining new and existing Web applications, Window services, Web Services and working with SQL and Oracle databases.
- You should be confident at highlighting issues, providing estimates and delivering progress reports to project managers and your team leader.
- You will work with the team and follow the established quality process and coding standards.
- You will be joining an established team responsible for delivering applications to meet customer requirements and departmental standards.
- You will also be responsible for providing technical help and product knowledge where needed.
The experience you'll bring
You will need experience of developing Microsoft .Net applications:
- C#, .Net Framework, .Net Core
- Web Technologies; ASP.Net MVC, Web API, Bootstrap
- Key Frameworks; Entity Framework
Lastly, you must hold or have the ability to obtain SC security clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 4th July 2022