Travel & Expenses Assistant
Location: United Kingdom - Flexible
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time / Permanent
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Travel & Expenses Assistant to join our business, being responsible for validating and processing cash and credit card expense claims, ensuring the service is delivered to meet or exceed the key performance indicators. This is a great opportunity for you to develop a future career with Babcock International.
This role requires regular travel to Portsmouth alongside remote working arrangements therefore, the role would be ideally suited to someone near to Portsmouth.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Travel and Expenses Assistant who will demonstrate excellent customer service skills, has a willingness to learn as well as the ability to manage high volumes of transaction processing.
What will you be doing?
- Administer expense processes effectively on behalf of employees.
- Ensuring effective, accurate and timely response to queries.
- Ensuring Service Level Agreements are met or exceeded.
- Provision of advice on Expenses and travel bookings
- Assurance that expenses are in line with Company policy.
- Assurance that receipts are stored in respect to Credit Cards and Expenses spend.
- VAT assurance in respect to Credit Cards and Expenses spend.
The experience you'll bring
You will need the following:
- Ability to present and explain data clearly & concisely.
- Ability to ensure deadlines and targets are achieved or surpassed.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office 2010 suite of applications including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience of SAP/IFS is desirable.
Lastly, you must hold or have the ability to obtain SC security clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 4th July 2022