Job Title: Engineering Business Manager
Location: Hybrid working from Bristol, Helensburgh, or Plymouth
Compensation: £ 45,089.00 - £55,406 & Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF44374
Babcock International Group are seeking to appoint an Engineering Business Manager, to work within our Naval Nuclear Business. This new and dynamic business function offers a friendly, flexible working environment, with enhanced focus on opportunities for professional development and progression.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a driven Business Manager with a vision for change who can join us in our Naval Nuclear Business. You will be able to support and develop the implementation of key nuclear change programmes within our business area and across the wider business.
What will you be doing?
Working alongside our wider management team, this role with give the opportunity and scope to help us transform our Naval Nuclear Business and drive change across Babcock International.
- Support the development and implementation of Engineering Governance across the Naval Nuclear Sector.
- Drive and support the development and implementation of risk management arrangements for sector Engineering Risk.
- Drive the Engineering Function to meet weekly, monthly, and quarterly schedules and plans at the required time, quality and cost consistent with business requirements.
- Interface with the wider business to ensure strategic and local alignment of vision.
- Creating and managing those datasets required by the business to report and measure the success of its Engineering Strategy
- Supporting the delivery, implementation, and sustainment of the Naval Nuclear Sector Engineering Strategy
The experience you'll bring
- You will be degree educated in STEM, Project Management or Business Management discipline.
- You will hold either the PRINCE2 Practitioner or APM PMQ certification.
- Ideally you hold a foundation course in change management.
- Ideally you will be a member of the Association for Project Management (MAPM).
- Chartered or working towards Chartership with an Engineering Council Professional Institute is desirable but not essential.
- Ideally you will have experience of working within the Nuclear sector or another highly regulated industry.
You will need to satisfy security requirements. This will require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.