Job Title: VWG Apprentice Programme Administrator
Location: Wymbush, Milton Keynes, GB, MK8 8DF
Compensation: £22,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF44902
This is your opportunity to join Babcock International as a VWG Apprentice Programme Administrator. In this role you'll be providing administrative support for our Trainers, ensuring a smooth and accurate learner's journey. This is a great opportunity to be part of a valued team and develop a future career with Babcock.
Babcock International Group is a FTSE 250 business and is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation.
Our Skills & Learning business is one of the UK's largest private sector providers of vocational and skills training. We work in partnership major employers across the Service and Engineering sectors to help develop their people.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an extremely organised individual who has experience with handling data and queries. You'll have excellent verbal and written communications with a great telephone manner, as well as a real keen eye for detail.
What will you be doing?
This role involves:
* Ensure programme data is accurate and updated regularly.
* Minute taking for manager meetings, including Monday morning meetings for trainers.
* Minute taking on weekly basis for internal meetings.
* Archive all apprenticeship documentation on termination of programme.
* Handle all telephone queries and act as first point of contact for programme.
* Set up new intake groups and manage calendars, liaising with hotel booking company.
* Support Brand inductions for new apprentice intake and annual Graduation and awards events.
The experience you'll bring
* IT Skills (MS Office etc, Advanced level in Excel application, Accuracy and attention to detail)
* Key skills (Literate, numerate etc.), Good command of English language
* Qualified to NVQ Level 2 or equivalent i.e. in Business Administration
* You must hold or have the ability to obtain enhanced DBS security clearance with Barred Listed check
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* Share ownership scheme
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
About Babcock Training
With a rich history of service excellence, Babcock is a trusted name across the training and apprenticeships market. We have an enviable track record in delivering intelligent and compelling workforce development solutions and are one of the UK's largest and most reputable training providers.
Our solutions range from bespoke, employer-led apprenticeship programmes to pioneering digital simulations and we work closely with all of our customers to reflect their organisational needs. Supporting both private and public sector businesses, a customer focused solution is at the heart of who we are, consistently putting the employer brand at the forefront of programme design.
As one of the UK's largest apprenticeship providers, we offer apprenticeships at multiple levels in engineering with particular expertise in the rail, automotive, nuclear and energy industries as well as the British Army and Emergency Services. We also deliver apprenticeships across retail, hospitality, active leisure, adult care, automotive, business, customer service, early years care and warehousing sectors.
Having delivered apprenticeships for over 20 years we have developed an enviable reputation across the marketplace, delivering high quality solutions for employers and apprentices alike.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
* We believe the position you are applying for is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such, should you be invited to interview you will be required to declare all unspent convictions and conditional cautions, and all spent convictions and adult cautions (simple or conditional) that are not 'protected' (i.e. that are not filtered out) as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2020); and
* The position you are applying for may involve engaging in regulated activity with children and/or vulnerable adults and it is a criminal offence to apply for this role if you are barred from working with children and/or vulnerable adults. Given the nature of the role, employment is conditional upon a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check which will include a children's and/or adults' barred list check, and you will be required to provide the necessary identification documents at interview to enable the DBS check to be completed before you commence employment. These identification documents may be different to those required to confirm your right to work in the UK.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 4th July 2022