An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue-chip IT company, is currently seeking a Mobile IT Support Engineer / Field Engineer covering Edinburgh area. This is a full-time, permanent role, covering shifts between 08:00 - 20:00 Monday to Friday and weekend rota cover between 08:00 and 16:00.
The role is paying Salary £24,840 per annum
We are looking for a highly customer-focused and keen mobile IT engineer to operate within a wider team supporting IT devices across our clients extensive Retail and Administrative locations. You will be professional, well presented, a good communicator and have solid IT device knowledge, including device connectivity and imaging. Your ability to work well on your own, to take ownership and understand the customers' needs are essential.
- Device and connectivity troubleshooting
- Device imaging and configuring
- Device swap outs and connectivity cabling, Wi-Fi
- Device installs, moves, decommissions.
- Device stock control and asset management
- Proactive maintenance, user familiarisation and guidance.
- Liaison with other support teams
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Familiarity with Point of Sale devices.
- Familiarity with Cielo and Microsoft tablets, Lenovo / Dell Desktops and Laptops, KVM switches, Routers.
- Knowledge of Windows operating system and associated technologies
- Knowledge of peripherals and their maintenance - printers, scanners.
- Be SLA focused and familiar with call management products.
- Familiarity with support procedures, scripts, and processes.
- Proven troubleshooting skills.
- Awareness of Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance would be desirable.
- Ability to gain base level security clearance - BPSS.
- Valid UK Driver's License - Vehicle supplied