Postal Delivery Driver
We are looking to recruit an upbeat and self-motivated individual for an opportunity to work with one of the UK's well-loved brands. Working in the heart of the community, Postal Drivers play a critical role in connecting neighbourhoods and businesses across the UK. Discover a job where you can make a difference, stay active, and be satisfied with what you do.
Salary: £9.50 per hour.
Hours: 25 hours per week, Monday -Saturday. Hours to be worked across 5 days
Shift Pattern: 14:00 - 19:00
About the role
Distributing mail and parcels to houses and businesses within a set area, you'll be the face of our client in your local community. As well as delivering parcels you will also be expected to deliver outstanding levels of service to their customers.
- You'll start your day for an hour or so in the local delivery office, sorting the mail for your route, before taking out your van to complete your round.
- You'll be given a hand-held computer device to capture customer signatures for deliveries, each round usually takes around 4 hours to complete.
- The hand-held computer will also act as your routing system putting your round in the most economical route, telling you which house to go to next.
Positive and driven, you'll be as happy working alone as you will be working as part of a team whilst getting to know the different people on your round. You'll have a strong sense of community and the idea of doing a job that involves flexible working patterns will appeal to you.
- Roles with driving, a full driving license with no more than six penalty points is essential
- Applicants will be subjected to a basic DBS check
- Please be aware as a postal delivery walker/driver you will be required to walk around 10 - 15 miles a day depending on letter delivery or parcel delivery! All applicants must be able to fully commit to both roles
Some experience in a customer-facing role would be ideal and for roles with driving, a full driving licence with no more than six penalty points is essential.
Interested? Click the apply button / Link now.