We are looking for Machine Operators to join our client a well established print packaging company on a temp to perm basis. The hours will be rotational shifts Days, Backs and Nights .
The primary role of a Machine Operative is competent and efficient operation of machinery in the Converting department to include Lamination, Slitting, Waxing and Punching, to produce goods as required in line with the production plan. Key responsibilities include maximising productivity, minimising downtime and waste, and ensuring goods are produced to a high standard of quality, compliant with the customer's specification.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
- Reporting of any limiting factors to conversion manager and shift supervisor, and recording details on the daily production log
- Operation of the Converting machinery (waxer, slitter, laminator)
- Manual handling and maneuvering of reels; use of lifting and handling equipment; loading parent reels on to the unwind unit and unloading finished goods from the rewind section
- Monitoring work in progress reels throughout production for flagged material/removing affected material and re-splicing in accordance with customers' requirements
- Frequent and thorough monitoring throughout production/ensuring all required checks are carried out (glue weights, wax weights, slitting tolerances) to ensure that all work produced is of highest possible standard
- Quarantining suspect/poor quality product and completing appropriate paperwork
- Conducting weekly machine safety checks and recording outcome on relevant documentation
- Conduct weekly cleaning and inspection checks
- Accurately inputting production data into the work station PC. Ensuring that all shift time is accounted for using appropriate waste and downtime codes
- Complying with line clearance procedures during job change-overs
- Recording of relevant information; completion of paperwork and labels with accuracy; maintaining traceability throughout process