My Oldham based Client is a leader in the supply & maintenance of materials handling equipment & EV Trucks. With coverage across the UK & "Safe Contractor Approved", I am looking to speak with Candidates who have an extensive auto electrical biased ability in order to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment.
The role will include (but is not limited to):
- Preparation of new equipment for sale.
- Minor modification to existing customers' equipment when recovered for in depth diagnostics and repair.
- Small scale fabrication of bracket and mountings.
- Receipt inspections and associated report writing.
- Off-hire inspections and associated report generation.
You will be a proactive self-starter who is comfortable working on their own as part of a busy small team. They will possess strong auto-electrical and mechanical skills, interpersonal communication skills and be willing to learn. They will be capable of diagnostic work on unfamiliar equipment with limited technical reference documents and work to high quality standards. They will be self-critical, resulting in a general improvement on any equipment which they repair.
- Some form of supervisory experience would be beneficial as any candidate who shows promise would be placed on an advancement ILM scheme which leads to formal qualifications in supervisory and management skills. This then opens the door to career progression within the company & a great opportunity for progression into middle or senior management.
- C&G Pt 1 & 2 in an engineering discipline (or demonstrable equivalent experience).
- NVQ Level 1-2 in an Engineering discipline (or demonstrable equivalent experience).
- Key skills level 1 in English and Maths (or GCSE equivalent).
- Thorough understanding of basic electrics (Ohms law, power equations etc).
- Experience & understanding of IT based diagnosis equipment.
- C&G Motor Vehicle Studies
Additional desirable qualifications/experience:
- Previous experience with Protean software/PDA.
- Familiarity with Curtis, Iscra, Toyota and Zappi motor controllers and battery gauges.
- Basic understanding of the principles of operation of AC motor systems.
- Apprentice trained.
- NVQ Level 1 - Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair
- NVQ Level 2 - Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair
- NVQ Level 3 - Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair
- Programming experience with Curtis, Zappi, & controllers
If this sounds like your ideal opportunity - then I look forward to discussing your application with you.