Job Title: EC&I Engineer
Compensation: Excellent Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / permanent
Job ID: SF44616 Cavendish Nuclear is the UK's leading nuclear services company, with a highly-skilled workforce and a growing international presence. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost across all aspects of the nuclear energy lifecycle. This role will be working within our Clean Energy business specifically our Operating Plant Services business unit which plays a leading role in nuclear generation including a major contribution to the transformation of EDF's reactor technology to meet the changing demands of nuclear power. Cavendish is a trusted partner to EDF for the safe operation, late life management, life extension and ultimately the defueling and decommissioning of their sites.
Who we are looking for?
We have a new opportunity for a EC&I Project Engineer to join us at our Heysham 1 Power Station site working on various planned Investment Delivery and Defueling projects as part of an embedded team within EDF. This role is primarily site based however there is potential for some home working subject to agreement with EDF. You will deliver allocated project work from assignment to close out to support the Heysham 1 site. This will require close collaboration with the client, other team members and contract partners.
What will you be doing?
* Produce Work Order Cards, Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Quality plans, Construction Plans, Engineering Changes and other documentation required to deliver projects.
* Act as the point of contact on the power station for assigned projects.
* Review and approve contractor documentation prior to them completing work on site.
* Facilitate and chair project meetings such as pre and post job briefs, setting to work meetings and readiness reviews as required.
* Build up quotations for site-based works after consultation and walk-downs
* Supply data and updates on estimated project completion dates to assist project support staff with ensuring projects remain on time and on budget..
* Drive continuous improvements in the relationship between Cavendish Nuclear and the EDF organisation
The experience you'll bring
* Previous experience working in the Nuclear or Defence Sector or within an alternative highly regulated Environment for example: Oil and Gas, Rail, Pharma Etc.
* Previous experience in working on small turnkey projects, ideally in a maintenance/refurb and fit setting
* Qualified to Degree level or having equivalent experience in mechanical or electrical engineering
* Will need to be able to achieve CTC clearance
What a role with Cavendish Nuclear offers:
* Generous holiday entitlement and occupational sickness cover
* Agile working conditions
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Job satisfaction working together for a sustainable environment for future generations
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best. Armed Forces CovenantWe are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online. We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 04/07/2022 #LI-POST