My client is a large independent chemical manufacturer and distributor, who are currently in need of a Mechanical Fitter to support their site in West Thurrock.
If you're looking for a company that provides a competitive salary, company pension, private medical insurance, and 30 days holiday (including bank holidays) then read on.
What You'll be Doing
As a Mechanical Fitter you'll have the ability to produce quality work, on time and to brief, using best available skills and technology. You'll work 12 hour shifts (days and nights) attending breakdowns, completing repairs and carrying out general maintenance on a range of industrial equipment such as pumps, motors, valves and vessels.
Key responsibilities include:
- Routine/preventative and reactive maintenance on all mechanical aspects of the plant.
- Responding to plant breakdowns as required.
- Carrying out routine inspections and maintenance associated with the plant preventative maintenance system (FSI).
- Ensuring all work is carried out to a high standard.
- Ensuring all H&S procedures, including permit to work, are adhered to.
- Assisting in the preparation/implementation of RAMS, necessary to carry out each task.
- Complying with stringent Health and Safety requirements, as per training, policies, procedures, risk assessments, method statements, safe systems of work etc.
- Reporting any H&S issues/accidents/near misses to line manager.
- Attending training as required to maintain personal qualifications/competence.
What's On Offer
On offer is a salary of £48,800 and further benefits including; a cycle to work scheme that opens twice a year, long service payment, and additional holiday after 5 years' service, plus a life assurance scheme of 3x annual salary.
If all of the above sounds like the kind of opportunity you're looking for, and you can demonstrate the required skills and experience then please do not hesitate to apply, or get in touch with me today!
I look forward to your application!
07483 941 472
Please note this client is not able to provide sponsorship for applicants who do not hold full right to work in the UK.