An Amazing opportunity has arisen for a 4 X Production Operatives to work full time at our client's site in Cheadle. Paying between a shift rate of £10.76 - £14.31 depending on the shift with overtime up to £21.52 (per hour). After 6 months service, this rises to a shift rate of £11.95 - £15.89 depending on the shift with overtime up to £23.90 (per hour). This is a Temporary ongoing role.
If you have a passion for disassembly and reassembly of parts this can be from computers to cars we would like to hear from you!
The shifts are as follows;
Day shift - 8.00am - 4.30pm Monday - Thursday, 8.00pm - 1.00pm Friday - £10.76 per hour
Morning shift - 6.00am - 2.00pm Monday - Thursday 6.00am - 1.00pm Friday - £13.45 per hour
Evening shift - 2.00pm - 10.30pm Monday - Thursday 1.00pm - 6.00pm Friday - £13.72 per hour
Night shift 10.00pm - 6.00am Monday - Thursday 8.00pm - 1.00am Friday - £14.31 per hour
We are currently looking for day shift workers only however you must be willing to work any shift when required!
**Drugs Screening required for the successful candidate**
Our client are recognized around the world as a leading manufacturer of engine boosting systems for passenger cars and commercial vehicles. Divided into two global Strategic Business Units; Commercial Vehicles and Passenger Vehicles, their produces a broad range of turbochargers, charge air coolers, and EGR systems sold under the well-known name. Their products offer the very latest in innovative technology to help maximize a vehicle's fuel economy and reduce harmful emissions, while maintaining superior performance.
- Booking in / Locating Stock / Order Picking.
- Inventory Transactions Adjustments.
- Data Input.
- R.P Metrics.
- Fork Lift Truck Driving.
- Assembly of Turbochargers i.e. Manufacturing
- Disassembly and Reassembly of Turbochargers i.e. Remanufacturing
- Maintains records of scrap rates, failure modes and outputs
- Facilitate the utilisation and edition of FMEA and Control plans
- Maintenance of tooling and processes
- Process improvement to increase OEE/RTY through availability, performance and quality coefficients
- Requisitioning of new components to support the process of rebuilding the turbochargers
- Works to internal Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality procedures, continually seeking to improve the operation
- Identification of continual improvement opportunities through root cause analysis, kaizen and other problem solving techniques
- Utilising Six Sigma tools where appropriate to continually improve internal processes and the quality of service to customers
- Working with Supervisor to improve processes.
- Performing other tasks as needed.
- SOS, 5S and TPM adherence to specified standards
Qualifications & Skills:
- Previous warehouse experience (Picking, packing and booking in stock) and/or assembly experience
- Must be flexible to work overtime and rotating shifts, as required, and prepared to learn and complete multiple roles within the site
- Good computer skills. Knowledge of SAP would be an advantage
- Health & safety conscious.
- Physically able to carry out manual duties.
- Good communication skills and close attention to detail.
- Fork lift licence preferable for Warehouse roles but training will be provided.