Our client, a leadin energy provider has an exciting opportunity as opened working in Heysham for their Chemistry Department as a Technician. This will involve working as part of a team, to monitor and control the chemistry of plant systems supporting two Advanced Gas Cooled Reactors.
This is a great chance to work in a vibrant, forward thinking team, whilst enhancing your existing skills in addition to learning new ones.
This role has various aspects, involving an on-site role taking samples, laboratory work to carry out analysis, and recording and reporting results accurately.
The hours of work will be 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday 08.30 - 16.45 and Friday 08.30 - 15.00 with a 30-minute lunch break each day. 27,453 to 33,489 salary dependent on experience. This will be on a temporary ongoing basis.
- Operating and maintaining laboratory equipment in optimum condition to ensure high quality and accurate analysis.
- Working in line with the chemistry lab quality assurance program to ensure quality-control standards of laboratory, plant and confined space instrumentation.
- Adhering to, and advocating high chemical safety standards.
- Obtaining quality, representative samples from various plant systems in line with company, environmental and safety legislation.
- Completing accurate analysis of these systems using various analytical techniques, such as Titration, UV/VIS Spectrometry, Ion and Gas Chromatography
- Preparing accurate laboratory standards and reagents.
- Identify anomalies, and reporting to Assistant Chemists to instigate actions.
- Providing and recommending chemical doses for treatment for different systems.
- Support of the site chemical storage program, and completing inspections.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
- Candidates with a HNC/Degree or equivalent in a chemistry/analytical discipline may be at an advantage.
- Previous lab experience would be an advantage, but is not essential as training will be provided
- Good familiarity with Microsoft Office packages, and in particular skills with Microsoft Excel would be an advantage.
- The ideal candidate will be self-driven, proactive and with a strong improvement bias