Job Title: Mobile Architect
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID 44670
We are looking for an experienced IT professional to join our Corporate Services division. You will work within a team of technical architects providing support to core infrastructure and business led projects, providing specific area technical support to solution and enterprise architects.
The mobile architect's responsibilities include optimizing technical operations and setting the direction and approach for all IT activity involving mobile technologies. The mobile architect will be responsible for cataloguing, developing, coordinating, communicating, maintaining, and enforcing the overall enterprise architecture as applied to mobile technology.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced IT professional, with experience in system architecture. You should also have experience working with mobile applications. You should have a high capability to work on your own initiative and work well under pressure.
To be successful as a mobile architect, you should have excellent technical, analytical, and project implementation skills. You should also have strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
What will you be doing?
- Assisting solution architects and customers in explaining and applying enterprise solutions on mixed mobile platforms and assisting the operational teams in performing the setup and troubleshooting mobile applications
- Specifying the required web and hybrid enterprise mobile applications for several mobile platforms (iOS/Android/Blackberry and MS Intune)
- Understand the business requirements and create solution design documents; Analysing the business requests and apply mobile technologies to deliver solutions
- Ensuring standardisation of mobile solutions, structures and solutions architecture across the business
- Taking part in aligning the vision and technology roadmap for mobile solutions
- Review code, project output and ensure compliance to industry best practices
- Developing the technology standards for both mobile hardware and software, to include architecture, MDM/MAM, development platform, design, implementation and testing
The experience you'll bring
- Apple (IOS), Android, Blackberry, Intune applications
- Mobile Application Management (MAM)
- TOGAF / ITIL qualification preferred
- Previous experience as a mobile specialist, mobile analyst, or system administrator
- Project Management qualification is desirable
- You will need to achieve 'SC' security clearance for this role
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Visit our website to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.