Job Title: Data Architect
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID 44667
We are looking for an experienced IT professional with a background in data analysis to provide support to core infrastructure and business led projects, providing specific support to solution and area architects. You will be an integral member of the Architecture Team and will be responsible for the design and implementation of the enterprise data strategy, ensuring the strategy supports the current and future business needs.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced IT professional with a background in data analysis. You should have excellent technical, analytical, and project implementation skills. You should also have strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
What will you be doing?
- Develop and evolve the enterprise data strategy to support delivery of corporate objectives, making sure data is secure and compliant
- Be a key stakeholder and advisor in all new strategic data initiatives and ensure alignment to the enterprise data strategy
- Build a framework of principles to ensure data integrity across the business (including but not limited to ERP, BI, Data warehouse, external interfaces etc.)
- Ensure that the Data Architecture strategy and roadmap is aligned to the business and technology strategies.
- Build and maintain appropriate Enterprise Architecture artefacts including; Entity Relationship Models, Data dictionary, taxonomy to aid data traceability
- Be an active contributor to how Babcock evolves Data Governance practices and influence the adoption of data standards including archiving and deletion policies
- Support third party data suppliers in developing specifications that are congruent with the Enterprise data architecture
The experience you'll bring
- Bachelor's degree in IT or a related field preferred
- Background in database analysis and experience with information exploitation
- Experience with the following concepts: Entity relationship models, data dictionaries, taxonomy to aid data traceability, data governance, data warehouses, master data management (MAM)
- You will need to attain 'SC' security clearance for this role
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Visit our website to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.