Job Title: Sous Chef
Location: Great Missenden
Salary: £14.42 per hour
Hours: Working ideally 5 out of 7 days, the kitchen is required to be covered from 6am - 2pm OR 2pm - 10pm.
Job type: Temporary ongoing
Manpower are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of our client in Great Missenden for a Sous Chef to join their team on a temporary ongoing basis.
- Work alongside head chef to manage daily kitchen activities
- Including overseeing staff
- Aiding with menu preparation
- Ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring ordering and stocking
- Provides meal quality and consistency by following designated recipes
- To maintain good liaison and communication between all customers and departments to ensure a seamlessly smooth and efficient operation of the site.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with colleagues, managers, and customers always.
- Maintain effective relationships with suppliers.
- Work with the head chef to produce diversified menus in accordance with the clients' vision.
- Produce high quality dishes that follow up the established menus.
- Make sure the hygiene and food safety standards are met in all stages of food preparation, starting with the ingredients and ending with the finished dish which leaves the kitchen door.