Design & Engineering Manager
Rosyth including hybrid working
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as a Design & Engineering Manager.
You will provide technical leadership of the SDP Engineering Team and responsibility for Engineering Team project delivery performance.
This team will be responsible for delivering an exciting, first of its kind project on behalf of the Ministry of Defence and will involve decommission and dispose of assets no longer required for defence purposes.
The role is required to be the focal point custodian for planning and managing complex multi discipline projects or collection of multi discipline tasks.
This role requires regular travel to Rosyth on a weekly basis alongside remote working arrangements and access to any Babcock Hub.
Here at Babcock International Group in Rosyth we aim to deliver engineering-led and world-leading products and services across our Engineering, Specialised Manufacturing, Gas Handling Systems and Naval Marine business streams
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Design & Engineering Manager who has the desire to take responsibility and drive delivery to time and quality.
The ability to support and take team members with you and to identify SQEP shortfalls and utilise the wider pool to fill/support. You should have excellent communication skills; both written and verbal and be an excellent team player.
You should have confident presentation skills and have the ability to liaise with and discuss client/supply chain needs
What will you be doing?
Your key responsibilities will include:
* Design & Engineering Manager shall be responsible for the Engineering Team within the wider Design & Safety team.
* Engineering Manager shall full fill an SDP governance role - Responsible for Design change and configuration management across the Rosyth Nuclear Licence Site.
* Leadership of the Technical Delivery within the engineering team in accordance with RRDL Engineering Design Process.
* Ownership of engineering scope from problem definition through to execution.
* Senior point of contact with Operations, Disposals DA.,
* Effective management of multi discipline teams to ensure delivery of a technical scope to varying degrees of complexity.
The experience you'll bring
* Engineering or Science degree qualification in relevant engineering discipline
* Technical Specialist - Mechanical and/or Structural - Advantageous.
* Experience of defining, applying and monitoring engineering governance arrangements.
* Experience of understanding complex problems, defining resolution strategies, estimating, planning and delivering subsequent projects.
* Experience in the 'Approval' of internally developed design deliverables - In accordance with Quality Management Systems.
* Experience of 'Acceptance' of externally developed design deliverables - In accordance with Quality Management Systems.
* You must hold or have the ability to obtain SC Clearance
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.