Job Title: Contract Officer/Sourcing Officer
Location: Donnington, Telford, GB - Hybrid
Compensation: £29,233 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF44347
We have an exciting opportunity for a Contract Officer/Sourcing Officer to join our business, offering hybrid working with the option to work three days on site and two from home. In this role you'll be responsible for the management and execution of the Public Procurement process to successfully deliver the tender process, as well as working closely with the Strategic Sourcing and Contract Administration teams, reporting into our Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager.
Who we are looking for?
This role may suit someone from a Contract Officer/Junior Buyer background. You'll have good sound knowledge of the tender/RFQ process, be a great communicator, as well as the ability to build good working relationships. This is a great opportunity to be part of a valued team here at Babcock International that can offer you excellent career progression and development opportunities.
What will you be doing?
This role requires regular travel to Donnington, Telford on a weekly basis alongside remote working arrangements and access to any Babcock Hub.
The role involves:
* End to end management of the tender process and contract award for goods and services to achieve key contractual and business targets for Consumables, Repairs and Workshops.
* Supporting the preparation and presentation of agreed procurement strategies at Gate review
* Drafting and issue of Contract Notices, DPPQ and ITT in support of the tender process.
* Support Strategic Sourcing in the evaluation of DPPQ and ITT in support of the tender process
* Manage Contract award and associated commercial compliance.
* Initial POC for supplier engagements on contract issues during the contract let process.
* Run compliant tender processes in accordance with the Public Procurement Regulations (formerly OJEU) specifically Public Contracts Regulations 2015 and Defence and Security Public Contracts Regulations 2011 (where applicable)
The experience you'll bring
* Experience in compiling tender documents
* Knowledge if RFQ/tender process
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to work with multiple stakeholders
* Strong IT skills, in particular Excel and Word
* Knowledge of the public procurement process would be highly desirable
* Must hold of have ability to obtain SC security clearance
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Babcock DSG is committed to the continual development of its employees and to support this you may be required to undertake activity within your competence or accredited skillset across a variety of roles within your operational function or discipline consistent with your pay band. Additionally, training will be provided where required to broaden your personal competence and skills profile to maximise opportunities for your flexibility, personal development and deployability to provide experience across a range of roles and services we provide to our customers.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.