Job Title: HTP 3 ME Instructor
Location: HMS Sultan, Gosport, Hampshire, PO12 3BY.
Compensation: £32,500 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF44901
This is your opportunity to join Babcock International as a HTP 3 ME Instructor. You will be responsible to act as ME Instructor for Royal Saudi Naval Forces students within HMS Sultan.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an individual who is adaptable and reflective about the way they teach. We require someone who can constantly stay up to date with CPD and fits in well within our great team. You will have excellent communication and organisational skills.
What will you be doing?
Your main duties will include
* Design, develop and prepare ME trade training modules for RSNF students including Mechanical and Electrical Principles and Stability
* To instruct Officers and Ratings of the RSNF on Sandown/Al Jawf Class ship equipment's & systems.
* Prepare ISPECs and lesson plans on ME related Sandown/Al Jawf Class equipment's and instruct where required
* To design and develop student hand-out notes to accompany the ME training syllabus where required
* Develop a good understanding of the whole ship environment of the Sandown/Al Jawf Class with particular emphasis on safe methods of operating all marine engineering systems and equipment
* Support/mentor students on UK and foreign manufacturers courses in support of training as and when required
* Prepare and conduct RSNF new joiners briefs for each batch of ME new student arrivals into HMS Sultan
* Support the Training Manager as directed with the delivery of all students general training to ensure training is delivered iaw the Statement of Work
The experience you'll bring
* Technical appreciation of naval training and the naval training environment
* Teaching experience (level 3)
* Experienced in foreign navies training
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* Share ownership scheme
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 1st July 2022