Manpower are currently recruiting for Catering Assistants to work within a local college.
The Catering Assistant is required to assist with the preparation, cooking, and serving of food, general kitchen and dining area cleaning, and student supervision and cleaning of the dining area during the lunch break. The post holder is required to comply with College procedures and statutory legislation for Health and Safety and food hygiene.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To assist with the basic preparation of food and refreshments, which may include some cooking
- To assist with the care, cleaning, and maintenance of all kitchen equipment
- To prepare the dining areas for service, including cleaning, sweeping and, spot mopping where necessary
- To assist with the supervision of students whilst cleaning and tidying the dining area during the main lunch break
- To assist with serving meals and refreshments in line with college requirements as required
- To assist with the filling and cleaning of vending machines
- To assist with college hospitality functions
- To assist with the washing up of all kitchen items
- To assist with the general daily cleaning of the kitchen and associated areas
- To maintain the agreed standard of dress and appearance
- To comply with and promote the policies and procedures of the college
- To work in a safe manner at all times having due regard for others and food safety and health and safety legislation
- To attend and undertake training courses commensurate with your duties
- To operate the cash tills and undertake cashier duties in accordance with college procedures
- Any other duties, at the discretion of the Principal, which are commensurate and reasonable within the grade and responsibility of the post.
Suitable candidates will have
- Good communication and interpersonal skills; able to relate to students
- Able to respond in a calm and appropriate manner under pressure
- Knowledge of current food hygiene and health and safety requirements
- Commitment to Equal Opportunities
- Willingness to undertake further appropriate training
- Previous experience working within catering in an Education setting
These are temporary positions with immediate starts working 7am - 2pm Monday - Friday and paying between £9.90 per hour.