General Maintenance Assistant -
Crimond and attending Kinloss
Your key responsibilities will include:
* The Safety & Health of yourself and others who may be affected by work activities
* To be responsible for the day to day operation of the General Maintenance department, ordering materials to maintain cost effective stock levels.
* The ground management of around 400 acres of Forestry
* Fencing repair & construction
* The cleaning of domestic and technical installations or equipment.
* Applying safety practises correctly.
* The routine maintenance of site areas (including grounds keeping etc.), building exteriors and interiors, furniture and fittings.
* Undertake basic plumbing, carpentry, painting and decorating.
* Maintenance of domestic water and drainage systems.
* Cleaning and day-to-day maintenance of all site vehicles.
* General labouring and porterage including receipt, packing and dispatch of goods.
* Supervision of contracted staff to ensure that work is carried out to agreed standards.
* To maintain technical and administration records and provide information as required.
Who we're looking for
You're someone for whom safety, collaboration and teamwork comes naturally. You'll also have the ability to undertake tasks safely & efficiently on your own. You will be a dynamic self-starter who wants to make a positive impact on a daily basis. You'll have the ability to work in sometimes physically arduous conditions, but still remain focussed on safety as well as the task.
* A comprehensive knowledge of current safe working practices & legislation as well as safety procedures.
* Experience of commercial/military fencing
* Experience of rough ground clearing
* Experience of working at height
* Basic Computer skills including email, Word and spreadsheets
* Experience of general building maintenance and cleaning techniques.
* General plant experience
* Banksman/Slinger experience (desirable)
* Working within a military environment (desirable)
* Possession of a current full UK driving licence.
* 4x4 off-road driving course with a qualification to tow a trailer
* Recognised qualification in the use and operation of hand and power tools
* PASMA Qualification
* CSCS Skilled Worker
* CAT Scanning Qualification
* Manual Handling Training
* Emergency First Aid Training
* National Security Vetting Clearance SC & above (desirable)
* NPORS (or equivalent) brush cutter, strimmer, mowing flail, hedge cutters & chainsaw (desirable)
In return for your skill and passion, you'll get:
* Flexible working
* Autonomy to perform the role
* The opportunity to make a real impact, partnering on an ambitious culture transformation programme within Babcock's' fastest growing business unit
As well as:
* Holiday entitlement: 25 days, plus bank holidays
* Pension scheme with employee pension contributions matched up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
* Our Babcock Rewards Platform allows you to choose from a range of benefits that best meet your needs, including: critical illness insurance, travel insurance, healthcare cash plan, dental insurance, childcare vouchers, bike scheme, shopping offers and discounts
* Employee Share Scheme
* Free, independent employee assistance programme, offering confidential information, support and counselling, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
* Professional memberships, personal development training and opportunities
* If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments
Other need to knows:
* You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account, then you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties, please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the armed forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please click here.
Closing date: 06/07/22