Housing Team Leader
Please be advised that previous Housing Officer experience is required for this role.
Location: London (West/North West)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week (Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 5pm)
Salary: £30,000.00 - £42,000.00 per annum (plus area allowance £3,500.00)
Benefits: 33 days annual leave per annum (25 days plus bank holidays) pension, and life insurance.
Job Type: Permanent
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This role requires the Team Leader to manage own caseload which involves property inspection, management of properties, welfare visits to Service Users (SU) and day to day management and support of a team of Housing Officers and having responsibility for ensuring policies and procedures are adhered too and Key Performance Objectives are met.
The company is looking for a driven and motivated professional with property and housing management experience and someone who has managed an experienced and dispersed team in a supervisory or management role.
- Planning and prioritising your diary to ensure monthly one to ones and performance reviews are completed alongside property inspections and audits. Results to be fed back to the Regional Operations Manager. Managing your own personal time to meet business demands with a team of Housing Officers located and operating across London to ensure the productivity of the team.
- Offering guidance and support to your team of Housing Officers who maintain the standards of their property portfolio and support the accommodated Service Users.
- Meeting both your own Key Performance Objectives and actively supporting your team to meet their objectives and meet the requirements of the contract.
- Communicating and liaising with stakeholders and local authority staff and sub-contractors, including the Police, NHS, involved charities and Environmental Health.
- Ensure your team is trained and developed to support the requirements of the contract and to support the successful completion of their role
- Planning and managing personal business objectives in line with the Statement of Requirements (SOR) set out in the contract
- Pursuing personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
- Deputising for Regional Operation Manager at meetings when required.
Supporting the Service User (SU)
- Manage a caseload of approximately 100 Service Users
- Attend dispersal and conduct induction of SU into property
- Sign-post as necessary to doctors, shops, support agencies, etc
- Conduct monthly visits and report any incidents, SU issues, ascensions, etc.
- Ensure SU's are Moved On no later than the last date of payments
- Arrange initial transport of SU's to their accommodation or any relocation as required
- Ensure that health and safety of SU's are always maintained
- Complete BI weekly welfare checks of the SU's.
Managing a property portfolio
- Effect appropriate maintenance of properties
- Conduct monthly inspections and report defects as required
- Ensure all items within property are replaced /repaired as required in line with inventory procedure
- Make recommendations to line manager regarding any relocations of SU's and termination of properties to provide more efficient use of portfolio/void management
- Prepare property for re-occupation after SU's move on
- Ensure terminated properties are effectively prepared for hand back to landlord
- Effect minor property repairs if necessary
- Ensure the properties are maintained according to Health and Safety guidelines and company procedures
- Ensure stores are maintained in line with purchasing procedure
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Previous housing experience/knowledge at supervisory or management level
- Must have previous people management experience and used to working with a challenging tenant group
- Strong communication skills, the ability to influence, persuade and negotiate at all levels.
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Can work well under pressure
- Must be able to travel across a large geographical portfolio on a daily/weekly basis.