Location: Tidworth, Wiltshire. SP9 7QD
Compensation: £27,547 + £5,000 annual allowance + Benefits
Role Type: Full time, Permanent - 4 day working week
Here at Babcock we are looking for Vehicle Mechanics to be part of our team in Tidworth an MOD Military site. You will work on a variety of Military vehicles from bikes up to Tanks and everything in between.
Who we are looking for?
You will have experience of working as a vehicle mechanic in either a commercial garage or in a military environment with some experience of working with Heavy Goods Vehicles.
In addition to this you will need to be educated to at least Level 3 in as a minimum (Advanced Apprenticeship, Level 3 VRQ/NVQ or equivalent) and hold a valid and appropriate UK driving licence
What will you be doing?
Your role will involve inspection, servicing, repair and overhaul of the vehicles, assemblies, electrical and general equipment including diagnostic and inspection duties and carrying out examination tasks.
The experience you'll bring
- Experience of working as a vehicle mechanic in either a commercial garage or in a military environment
- NVQ Level 3 in Vehicle Repair or equivalent
- The ability to develop effective relationships internally at a variety of levels
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to work on own initiative to assist delivery of site objectives & targets in line with internal policy/process.
What a role with Babcock offers
* Working days are Monday- Thursday (4 days per week)
* Flexible working hours
* All tools and PPE Equipment provided
* 25 days holiday + 8 days bank holidays
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.