Job Title: Advanced Planning Engineer
Compensation: £ 51,520.00 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Babcock's Submarine Support Engineering (SSE) Group is contracted to provide engineering and design services support to the Ministry of Defence, and in particular, In-service Submarines (ISM) Project Team who form part of the Defence Engineering and Support Organisation. As part of SSE, the Clyde Waterfront Advanced Planning Team are permanently located within HMNB Clyde and utilise their expert knowledge and experience to conduct the advanced planning to submarine maintenance activities. This creates a varied, exciting and challenging area to work within and provides excellent opportunities for future growth.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an Advanced Planning Engineer to be involved in all aspects of the advanced planning of submarine maintenance. Based within HM Naval Base Clyde, the Waterfront Advanced Planning Team is a small and dedicated team working consisting of a mix of SSE and Babcock Clyde personnel. Under the guidance of the Waterfront Advanced Planning Manager and utilising information from a variety of sources such as the Through Life Boat Plan and the Submarine Definition Databases,
What will you be doing?
Using your submarine engineering knowledge and experience, you will ensure that all work requirements are clearly defined and achievable which will involve a regular liaison with a variety of stakeholders to resolve any ambiguities within these activities. You will then be responsible for compiling a project plan, in Primivera P6, for the conduct of these work items utilising a number of planning norms, ensuring that the accuracy and quality are achieved to satisfy our exacting customer. If a norm is not available for a specific activity, you will liaise with the subject matter experts and other planning teams to develop a norm.
The experience you'll bring
* Engineering qualification e.g. degree or HNC/HND.
- Possess an excellent knowledge of nuclear submarines, including their construction, major equipment and operational routines and have experience in planning and executing planned maintenance projects.
- Demonstrable relevant experience, extensive experience in engineering delivery and a good knowledge of submarine operations and maintenance activities.
- experience in managing and running submarine maintenance activities and have previously qualified as a submarine Marine Engineering Department Category A Watchkeeper. You will possess the knowledge and ability to process and understand all Platform and Combat technical issues, in order to discuss queries raised with the system experts, ISM Class Manager's and associated Design Authority.
You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 07/07/2022