I am recruiting for a Maintenance Technician - position for my client. They are a multinational company specialising in tooling, moulding and automation technology. They manufacture and provide high spec products and solutions for industry leaders within the pharmaceutical / medical device, healthcare, automotive and consumer product industries.
Location: Leinster, Ireland.
Package: Full time, permanent position, Mon - Fri 8am - 4pm (3pm on a Friday) might be open to some flexibility. There is an excellent salary on offer including benefits, health, pension.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the corrective, preventative and predictive maintenance of all on-site manufacturing machines and equipment to ensure maximum efficiency. The Maintenance Technician maintains all machines and equipment to the highest possible standards, and in the case of unplanned maintenance requirements, carries out effective troubleshooting and fault-finding to keep downtime to a minimum.
Primary Responsibilities for role:
- Carry out corrective, preventative and predictive maintenance to support Production in achieving targets and continual improvement using Lean Principles.
- Support all aspects of machine and equipment maintenance, installation and modification.
- Perform detailed equipment surveys, maintenance, calibrations, PMs and troubleshooting as required.
- Maintain equipment (including automation and other calibrated equipment) in excellent condition, ensuring consistent quality, output and yield.
- Operate and monitor equipment, (including automation and other calibrated equipment), using ERP/DCS and PLC based systems to ensure optimum equipment uptime and the achievement of target outputs.
- Operate, troubleshoot and repair complex systems which may include Injection Molding machines, 3/4/5/6 Axis Robots, Water temperature control units, dryers, conveying systems HVAC, Isolators, compressed gasses, waste water treatment, etc., under minimal supervision in a highly regulated, cGMP environment.
Your knowledge and experience:
- Strong competency in electrical fault finding/diagnostics.
- Hold a third-level qualification in Automation Engineering/ Electrics, Electronics, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering or similar. Alternatively, be a full-qualified trades person (Electrician; Plumber, Fitter etc.) with directly relevant experience in manufacturing.
- Have extensive experience, to include troubleshooting, in Pneumatics, Electronics, Hydraulics, Programmable Controllers, Servo Motor drives, etc.
- Preferably, have previously held a similar role within a high-volume medical device manufacturing environment working on injection moulding machines.
- Preferably, have experience in high-volume automation / robotics on highly automated production equipment to include diagnosing/resolving issues and relevant programming.