Manpower, in partnership with our client, a leading global insurance company, are now recruiting an Operations Manager based in Lytham St Annes, Lancashire.
Salary: £35,000 per annum and up to 10% performance related annual bonus
Working Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday to Thursday: 7 hours / Friday: 7.5 hours, between 8.30am - 5.00pm
- Leading an Operations team of Insurance Underwriters to deliver service requirements to the end client.
- Responsible for the team's delivery of excellent customer facing services and achievement of the appropriate contractual SLAs, also compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Pre-empt and minimise operational issues that could result in financial penalties and/or reputational damage to business or the client.
- Plan, prioritise and organize resources to provide 'blended model' services of call management / back-office administrative work, to achieve all targets, SLAs and core objectives.
- Provide support and coaching to team and stakeholders during business and culture change programmes.
- Ensure the achievement of regulatory and legal compliance at all times including Treating Customers Fairly (TCF).
- Point of contact for resolution of any operational issues, complex or technical queries/problems/complaints that arise, in order to resolve issues using experience and commercial judgement.
- Monitor complaints and root cause analysis to identify trends and implement improvement and/or corrective actions.
- Identify, escalate and record risks through appropriate channels and support appropriate resolutions to issues.
- Actively participate in Internal and External Audits and act on findings.
- Maintain and develop key internal and external relationships, ensuring the businesses reputation is protected, acting as the first line of defence for escalations.
- Support Partnership Sales and Tender processes.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have:
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Track record of people and performance management and development
- Experience of time management and work planning
- Underwriting experience is not essential, but an understanding and awareness of Financial Services legislation is preferred
- Management, reporting and mitigation of risks
- Experience of effectively leading people through change
- Developed competence in MS Office Suite
- Highly proficient customer service skills / call centre operations, managing a claims or complaints team would be desirable
Successful candidates will be required to complete a Criminal Records Bureau and Credit Check prior to commencing employment.