Job Title: Contracts Manager
Location: Plymouth, Devon, GB, PL1 4SG
Compensation: Up to £51,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF40840
An exciting opportunity has arisen to support our work at Devonport Royal Dockyard, HMNB Clyde and also at our Bristol offices. We are a key strategic partner to our customers; the MOD and the Royal Navy. This is a great opportunity to become part of a growing team, in a role, which can be challenging but also varied and fulfilling.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Contracts Manager who will be responsible for contract management activities to ensure the financial and commercial interests of the Company are optimised. You will support the achievement of financial targets and ensure that contractual obligations and associated risks are adequately dealt with.
What will you be doing?
* Support the preparation of commercial elements for tenders, contracts and contract amendments; which may include reviewing and drafting terms and conditions.
* Providing support and guidance to the business regarding pricing, terms and conditions and commercial issues as well as regulatory requirements.
* Support commercial discussions and negotiations with customers
* Prepare and review responses to contract amendments and arrange for their approval.
* Prepare and review proposed contractual agreements such as NDAs and provide support to the Supply Chain function including identifying appropriate flow down of terms and conditions.
The experience you'll bring
* World Commerce and Contracting (WCC) (previously IACCM) or MCIPS qualifications are highly desirable.
* Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent qualifications or experience in a subject related to business (including finance) or law.
* Demonstrable experience of contracts management as a prime contractor in a regulated environment within a defence, power and process, oil and gas, utilities, nuclear, construction, transmission or the distribution sector.
* Experience of change management, subcontract management and management of contracts from contract award to contract closeout is highly desirable. Key areas of competency we require will include:
* Commercially astute with an understanding of the procurement process.
You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting rRecruitment and On-boarding for applicants.