Transport Administrator - Southampton
An established recycling company who is passionate about working with waste and improving the lives of millions is expanding their Southampton team and looking for a Transport Administrator. The Transport Administrator role will effectively support the day-to-day operations of the Depot through successful allocation of vehicles to ensue best in class service delivery. The role will also ensure all Health and Safety standards are maintained and ensure that environmental and O Licence compliance is maintained. As well as the transport activity, the role will allow hands-on activity to support with Employee Engagement, continuous improvement projects and covering items such as productivity and quality of service provision.
Why it's an opportunity not to be wasted.
- Day to day management of operational staff to achieve best in class service delivery.
- Managing route efficiency and utilising optimum disposal outlets within the area to ensure effective use of vehicles and facilities.
- Debriefing of operational staff at the end of each working day to identify any challenges and support with swift resolutions.
- Managing driver availability and coverage in line with legislation and company procedures to ensure that there is always suitable coverage.
- Performing administrative duties including input of pay and bonus onto the company system and accurate input of disposal information.
- Carrying out visual safety checks of the fleet with guidelines to ensure VOSA regulations are complied with and liaise with fleet to minimise vehicle downtime.
- Controlling vehicle availability daily to ensure that drivers have completed their checks in accordance with company policy.
- Always Supporting the Depot Manager and ensure that mandatory training, induction, and toolbox talks are delivered in line with company policy.
- Resolving service-related queries and invoice/charge queries on behalf of the customer and with the support of Customer Services.
- 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday
- Strong knowledge of the local area.
- Good knowledge of the Transport and Logistics industry.
- Knowledge of existing and impending environmental and Health & Safety legislation.
- Experience of first line operational management.
- Experience of managing in a labour intensive, multi-shift environment.
- Exceptional communication skill with the ability to communicate in writing, on a one-to-one basis and via the phone with all levels including management, team members and internal/external customers.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise effectively.
- Experience of working to strict deadlines in a time critical environment.
- A willingness to adapt and develop skill sets and knowledge which is determined by the role/business.
- Computer literate - comfortable using business software and Microsoft Office Suite (specifically strong knowledge of Excel).
- Minimum GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths.
- Salary £26,000 p/a
- 24 days holiday + bank holidays
- Ongoing career development, training, and coaching
- Generous pension scheme.
- Medical and dental scheme.
- Retail and leisure discounts.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Plus, much more!