We are currently looking for a new Laboratory/Testing Technician to join our clients successful Automotive Aftermarket Division based in Atherstone.
£10:00 - £11:00 per hour based on 36.5 hours per week
The successful candidate will join an established Product Engineering group that consists of both qualified Engineers and Technicians. The candidate will train as a technician and operate our laboratory abrasive manufacturing line, robotic paint spraying and abrasive testing lines supporting both Product Development and Product Engineers in order to help them develop new and modified abrasive products.
- To operate the laboratory abrasive manufacturing equipment in a safe, efficient and timely manner in order to support Product Development / Product Engineering groups
- To operate both the robotic abrasive testing & paint spraying equipment to deliver accurate test results to validate abrasive performance of our new and existing products.
- To help continuously improve the equipment with a view to delivering state of the art abrasive manufacturing and abrasive testing capability.
- To ensure that all test methods give reproducible results and are relevant to current industry standards.
- To meticulously update and maintain the current operating procedures to reflect how tasks are safely undertaken.
- To provide necessary technician support to the team in various areas, including sample preparation, sample testing on various lab equipment, posting samples etc.
Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and basic computer skills is essential
Knowledge of spray coating of automotive paints would be an advantage
Experience is more desirable than appropriate qualifications for this role but a basic level of Maths & English is required.
- Strong organisational skills
- Attention to detail is essential
- Adaptable within different roles
- Good problem solving skills
- Able to manage time to meet specific deadlines
- Shows initiative and able to work alone and within team
Desired Personal Qualities:
- Able to effectively communicate
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and reliable
- Enthusiasm and eager to learn
- Confident ability to learn quickly
- Reliable & trust worthy
- Team Player