To support respiratory filter production in achieving business plan objectives
- Technical production support
- Ensuring production targets are met, optimise output & minimise defects
- Electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, PLC fault finding
- Preventative maintenance
- Equipment breakdown repairs
- Establishing process conditions
- In-line quality checks
- Experience of automated assembly production lines
- Experience of ABB robots (preferred)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work with staff at differing levels of the organisation.
- Ability to assess and upgrade procedures and systems.
- Strong communication skills
- A team player.
- Versatile and a self-starter able to work without supervision
Context and Environment of job
- The company design, develop and assemble a wide and diverse range of Health & Safety products pre-dominantly but not restricted to Europe, Middle East and Asia. As a consequence the company must remain in compliance with the latest and expected Industry and customer standards and requirements in respect of quality, cost and delivery.
The company ensures that a customer and product focus is maintained by dividing the organisation into specific Customer Product Groups.
The overall objective is to be the supplier of choice by being able to develop, design, assemble and supply product to an ever-increasing standard of excellence. With the quality goal being zero defects, the company is established as the centre of expertise for the Design, Development and Industrialisation of Health and Safety Products. Our client products strive to ensure fairness to all its employees.
The plant is a manufacturing facility. You would be required to adhere to all Health, Safety & Environmental procedures whilst at work. Your role would require you to work within any area of the plant to carry out your duties. You may be required to work as part of a team or on your own. You would be with a team of fellow professionals, working within a manufacturing environment.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
Functional Responsibilities - To provide production line support in line with company goals and objectives
Individual Responsibilities -
- Health and Safety awareness will be amongst your main priorities, and Health and Safety guidelines should be actively adhered to and promoted
- Develop and implement significant improvements in respiratory filter processes, procedures and systems.
- Track and report business improvement results
- Improve the overall reliability and performance of plant, personnel and production equipment and processes.
- Analysing data to fault find and develop prioritised improvement plans for the platform.
- Develop improved processes; fully documenting and training using our SOP's and training processes
- Train and mentor staff in an approachable and constructive manner
- Maintain and develop the delivery of finished products in line with cost, quality and production schedule requirements.
This represents a brief outline of the role and is by no means exhaustive. The post-holder will be expected to undertake duties as appropriate to the position and grade.
Organisational Responsibilities -
Your role will require you to develop strong relationships with plant management functions. In addition you will foster and develop excellent relationships with key business stakeholders
- Positive feedback from peers and immediate manager.
- Customer Satisfaction
- Meeting business plan targets (equipment & process reliability/performance, NPI, process efficiency, MTBF/MTTR, yield, first pass rates)