Job Title: AFV Crew Member
Location: Wareham, Dorset, GB, BH20 6JD
Compensation: £22,043.25+ Benefits
Role Type: Permanent
Job ID: SF45170
We have a fantastic opportunity for an AVF Crew Member to join our business, based here at Lulworth, Wareham. In this role you'll support a small, dedicated team, working directly with the Gunnery School and the Defence Support Group at the Armour Centre on the Lulworth site. The role involves providing maintenance and driving support on Main Battle Tanks, Warrior Infantry and Reconnaissance Fighting vehicles, as well as some Wheeled AFVs (Armoured Fighting Vehicles).
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a AVF Crew Member who currently holds Cat B and C driving Licence and ideally holds Cat H. This is a diverse role which requires reasonable flexibility with some late-night working spaced throughout the year, therefore you will be flexible and willing to carry out some late-night shifts as required. In this role you'll have the opportunity to gain further skills and training, all within an excellent working environment.
What will you be doing?
As an AFV Crew Member you'll be responsible for driving, operating and maintaining Armoured Fighting Vehicles (AFV) (and any other vehicles for which qualified) in support of the Contract.
The role involves:
* Safely drive and control vehicles
* Operating AFV Special to Role (STR) Systems
* Carrying out non-specific preparatory work on vehicles
* Carrying out Level 1 maintenance and repair tasks as specified in publications for vehicle type. Work to be carried out in accordance with authorised procedures and to be completed to the highest possible standard.
* Assisting in collecting usage information and in carrying out regular checks of stores and equipment as requested.
* Providing assistance to the Customer when required whilst equipment is on charge.
The experience you'll bring
* You will be fit and able bodied for manual handling tasks and comfortable working at heights
* Driving licence Category B
* Driving licence Category C
* Category H licence is desirable
* Military background preferred
* You must hold or have ability to obtain SC security clearance
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* Share ownership scheme
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 8th July 2022