Job Title: Facilities Assistant
Location: Walsall, West Midlands, GB, WS2 8LD
Compensation: £21,803.41 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF45085
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Facilities Assistant to join our business, providing operational support on site, based here at Walsall. In this role you'll be working as part of the maintenance department,participating in the delivery of wide range of activities commensurate with your knowledge, skills, and experience.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a well-rounded, conscientious, and self-motivated individual who ideally has knowledge of Mechanical Repair and Overhaul activities and is looking to work for a high-profile company. It is essential that you have basic Health and Safety awareness, comfortable working well on your own, as well as being equally happy to work as part of a team, in delivery of the function's objectives.
What will you be doing?
* Maintaining workshop tools and equipment in line with business and statutory requirements.
* Reporting faults via the FM works system or to the appropriate Line Manager at the earliest opportunity
* Carrying out Mechanical Handling Equipment activity in support of all site operations.
* Controlling, monitoring, and declaring waste holdings to the business waste manager to ensure that wastes are managed to an acceptable level at the site.
* Supporting the Waste Manager with the waste removal activity, recording of quantities and retention of legal documentation in line with SEPA /EPA regulations
* Supporting and participating in the site asset management strategy and associated activity, ensuring asset locations
The experience you'll bring
* Basic Health and Safety awareness
* Forklift licence is desirable
* Driving licence is desirable
* IT literate and willing to learn how to interact on the various business systems
* Basic understanding of PUWER and LOLER regulations is desirable
* You'll be a well-rounded, self-motivated individual with the ability to work on your own as well as part of a team
* A basic knowledge of Mechanical Repair and Overhaul activity will be a distinct advantage
* Must hold or have ability to obtain NPPV security clearance
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 11th July 2022