Job Title: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Location: Warrington, Cheshire WA3 6YD (Hybrid working)
Compensation: Excellent Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF45154
Here at Cavendish Nuclear we are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the team at Warrington to provide commercial management and support to Quantity Surveyors as applicable for each project/contract.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for experienced Quantity Surveyors with the ability to facilitate and coordinate effective corporate governance compliance, implementation and monitoring in line with Group and Cavendish Nuclear requirements. The Senior Quantity Surveyor will work with key internal stakeholders, client and suppliers/subcontractors to drive both strategic value and operational excellence through all levels of the business.
What will you be doing?
- Act as an arbitrator and give contractual advice to the Quantity Surveyors
- Provide commercial support and expertise to projects, being responsible for a range of commercial activities (bid governance, reviews, change management, compensation event contractual notices, etc.)
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders ensuring alignment of objectives and mutual setting of goals
- Construct and deliver a robust procurement project plan that delivers the objectives of the project, ensuring the deadline and budget are met and that the necessary communications and risk mitigations are in place
- Management of commercial risk including effective management and mitigation of supply chain risk to ensure that the Company's commercial position is best protected
The experience you'll bring
- Significant experience in a Quantity Surveying role
- Experience in managing business stakeholders to meet milestones and deliverables
- Significant post contract management experience, people management experience and commercial consultancy expertise
- Excellent NEC3 skills
- Experience in delivering to project commercial strategy, and to delivering on large and complex contracts and bids
- You will need to pass 'SC' security clearance for this role
What a role with Cavendish Nuclear offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
- Share ownership scheme
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
About Cavendish Nuclear
Cavendish Nuclear is the UK's leading nuclear services company, with a highly-skilled workforce and a growing international presence. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost across all aspects of the nuclear energy lifecycle.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Visit our website to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.