Job Title: Trainee Driver
Location: Rutherglen, Lanarkshire, G73 1DR
Compensation: £29,420 + Roster Premium + Company vehicle for business use only
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF45008
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as a Trainee Driver. A Trainee Driver is required to join Babcock Rail to operate and/or drive "On Track" machines for which certificates of competency have been obtained.
Who we are looking for?
We're looking for a driven individual who wants to make a positive impact on a daily basis and who has excellent interpersonal skills.
What will you be doing?
Your main duties will include:
* Operating and/or driving "On-Track" machines for which certification of competency have been obtained.
* Carrying out servicing, cleaning and fuelling of machines as directed and carrying out minor repairs.
* Arranging to complete and return all associated paperwork. This includes Phires Forms, signing of logbooks and other documentation as required.
* Complying with all Rules and Regulations and observing all local conditions.
* Ability to drive road vehicles.
* Advising Control when the planned work is not achieved due to operating difficulties, plant performance, crewing, non-provisions of pilotmen etc.
* Working away from home to meet contractual requirements.
The experience you'll bring
This is a trainee position so no experience is required, however it would be ideal for you to have the below knowledge:
* You can be new to the Railway field
* Good knowledge of OTM operation
* Sound knowledge of track mechanised maintenance
* Good knowledge of Permanent Way Rules and regulations, procedures and track safety rules
* In depth knowledge of Permanent Way component parts
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 11th July 2022