Job Title: Installation Technician
Location: Ashchurch, Tewksbury
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 40146
Who we are looking for?
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Multi Skilled engineer to maintain deployable communications systems. You will be responsible for the assembly and wiring of electronic units and chassis' on behalf of our customer. These units consist of discrete circuit boards and mechanical drive units. The role also provides resource support for various service delivery tasks and Engineering Service Tasks (EST) activities within your skill set. The role may require regular travel and sustained deployment at locations both in the UK and overseas.
What will you be doing?
You will be required to deliver an effective and high-quality service for our customer, receiving and inspecting assets on return from deployment, completing all planned and reactive tasks in a compliant manner. You will ensure everything we do is legally compliant and accurate records are kept up to date, as well as maintaining a high standard of work by following safe working practices.
Whilst every day will be different, you will mainly be responsible for the following:
* Ensuring you and others work in a safe and efficient manner at all times to maintain/produce quality assured products.
* Working under the direction of the site manager you will provide engineering maintenance for complex systems including electronic, electrical, data, mechanical and communication equipment at various locations.
* Ensuring appropriate engineering standards, as prescribed by Babcock, our customer or professional bodies are maintained, ensuring best practice is employed with all engineering activities.
* To contribute to increasing the competiveness of the programmes and engineering function provided to the customer so that Babcock becomes the customer's supplier of first choice.
Who we're looking for
You're someone who brings innovative ideas and solves problems with simple and elegant solutions. The role will be open to any candidate who has previous electronic/mechatronics experience or similar where transferable skills can be demonstrated. We need a hands on person who delivers under limited supervision.
The successful candidate must be willing to undergo vetting and obtain Enhanced DV security clearance to ensure continuing employment in this role.
Previous experience maintaining bespoke communication systems or similar engineering projects within a communications environment is preferred. Other candidates with demonstrable skills that are transferable will be considered.
Skills and attributes
* Capable of following work instructions and equipment manuals
* Ability to fault find down to component level and provide repair solution
* A self-starter, who is performance driven - with a desire to make significant contribution/impact.
* Ability to work independently once clear direction is provided
* Understand when to make use of LEAN/5S principles to improve working practices
Education and qualifications
* GCSE Maths & English
* HND/HNC Electronics and Communications Engineering or equivalent gained through relevant experience
* C&G 2392 18th Edition Electrical Installation - desirable
* C&G Communications Cabling & Networks
* IOSH Managing Safely
* City and Guilds fibre optic termination course - desirable
* UK Driving licence
What a role with Babcock offer?:
* Flexible working
* Opportunities to develop your career and qualifications
* The opportunity to make a real impact, partnering on an ambitious culture transformation programme within Babcock's' fastest growing business unit
As well as:
* Holiday entitlement: 25 days, plus bank holidays
* Pension scheme with employee pension contributions matched up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
Information Systems sits within Mission Systems forming a critical, and growing part of Babcock's Marine organisation. Our dynamic and motivated leadership team is committed to an exciting transformation agenda that will help us to innovate, modernise and create a more people-focussed business that can support our customers' mission. Working across a range of exciting design, manufacture and support projects, Information Systems employs approximately 250 people across the UK and overseas with the largest site being in Ashchurch.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the armed forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom.