Job Title: Project Controller - 52-week FTC
Location: Rosyth, Fife
Compensation: £ 31,534 - £ 37,413 + Benefits
Role Type: Fixed Term Contract
Job ID: 44972
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as a Project Controller for a 52-week fixed term contract.
You will be responsible for applying PMO competencies under supervision primarily in non-complex situations
Provide project controls and planning support to SDP operations including schedule management, budgeting & cost control, risk & opportunity management, change management and document management
Initially you will be on site permanently the this will vary according to requirements
Here at Babcock International Group in Rosyth we aim to deliver engineering-led and world-leading products and services across our Engineering, Specialised Manufacturing, Gas Handling Systems and Naval Marine business streams
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Project Controller that has extensive recent and relevant experience in a similar environment / business sector and an understanding and experience working with IFS.
What will you be doing?
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Development of Statement of Requirements (SoR) documentation.
- Develop/implement and maintain the Project Baseline Budgets including Control Account Plans/Responsibility Assignment Matrix and WBS Dictionary (SOW)
- Planning of day-to-day work for Production, Subcontractors and Suppliers within IFS, ensuring the correct work scope and associated budgets/work orders are created and included in the plan
- Management and control of Subcontractors on site in accordance with Babcock's policies.
- Develop and maintain Project Risk & Opportunity registers and manage the mitigation actions
- Point of contact with the client and the project accountant for all budget and change control.
- Agreement to work in areas which will expose individual to ionising radiation (radiation worker)
The experience you'll bring
Competent (applies the competence independently, primarily in situations of limited complexity, has a comprehensive knowledge in situations of limited complexity) in the following APM competencies
- Requirements Management - the ability to prepare and maintain definitions of the requirements through the project lifecycle including document management of deliverables.
- Budgeting and Cost Control - the process for setting agreed budgets and the control of forecast and actual costs against that budget
- Use of tolerances and performance management
- Change Control - the features of a rigorous change control process, and how to establish , implement and maintain a change control process
- Risk, opportunity, and issue management - Risk and opportunity identification techniques and the ongoing management and control techniques throughout the project
- Schedule Management - The process for developing, baselining, and monitoring of an integrated schedule to inform the direction of the project
- Contract Management - The nature of contracts and statements of work, and the implications for the contracting organisations and the suppliers into this
- Eligibility for SC Clearance, NNPPI and ITAR essential
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Closing Date: 11th July 2022