Temporary 12 months
Location: Kent, Ashford
Hours: Rolling rota 06:45 - 14:00 and 14:00 - 21:15 Monday - Friday.
Manpower are urgently recruiting for a Manufacturing Compound Assistant.
As a Fragrance Compounder, your role will also involve:
- Compounding of fragrances to set formulae
- Administration of requests via computer systems
- Preparation and decanting of samples
- Safe packing and dispatch of all samples to customers and associates
- Stock replenishment's from main compounding
- Compound samples both manually and using manual weigh station, make dilutions as required.
- Checking material, colours and shelf lives.
- Processing, printing and updating of sample requests on the computer systems, maintain positions for all compounds and ingredients, provide labelling for all bottles.
- Supply fragrances and ingredients for all internal and external requests as per printed requisition, labelling as required. Provide essence for products to be made and analytical testing. Replenish fridge stocks.
- Dispatch parcels to customers and units worldwide conforming to IATA regulations. Be proficient with all courier computer links, be able to find the most efficient, cost effective way to send samples. Complete all paperwork and customs requirements for each consignment. Obtain dangerous goods certificate.
- Collect and record all materials required for the department from main compounding. Checking that all ingredients are fresh and match description criteria and have correct codes. Update computer stocks for all materials taken.
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping at all times to prevent contamination.
- Be aware of site / departmental safety guidelines and knowledge of dealing with emergency situations.
In return, you'll benefit from a premium rate of pay plus shift allowances, 28 days annual leave, and a contributory pension scheme too.
Having some previous experience in a manufacturing environment would be an advantage. Ideally you'll also be flexible with working hours, be able to use your own initiative, and work well as part of a team to deliver results and have basic PC, numeracy and literacy skills.