Job Title: Maintenance Planning Improvement Manager
Location: Filton, Bristol, GB, BS16 7DQ
Compensation: £45,089 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF41508
The role will place you central to the performance of the Submarine Support Engineering team, a centre of excellence for our professional engineering capability. Continuous Improvement is a through life process which enables planning improvements by replicating success, avoiding mistakes and publicising and promoting best practice throughout the submarine enterprise. Occasional travel to Devonport and Clyde will be required.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a continuous improvement manager to improve process adherence, maintenance planning, and delivery performance. You will have Supervisory responsibilities for two team members, based at sister sites, Clyde and Devonport.
What will you be doing?
* Identification of Maintenance Planning Improvements
* Efficient maintenance of the Learning from Experience (LfE) database.
* Timely/accurate inputting of data.
* Accurate updating of LfE item status, action investigation and close out.
* Production of periodic written LfE reports.
* Efficiently answering employee enquiries, maintaining a high level of customer care in the process.
The experience you'll bring
* Ideally an engineering background, or significant experience in LFE / Continuous improvement.
* Excellent process experience and implementing LFE / maintenance planning improvements in the past.
* Open to individuals from different backgrounds and experiences.
* Willing to challenge yourself.
You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrial)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.