Job Title: Enablement Manager
Business Unit: DSG
About the Role
The purpose of this role is to manage material enablement to DSG overhaul delivery projects. Projects can include elements within MRO4 or Contract Change Notices (CCNs). The role supports the business by providing ownership of project material requirements/forecasts and leadership of P&SC stakeholders in order for project's enablement requirement to be met.
What will you be doing?
* Responsible for optimising the material enablement of the project(s).
* Ensure that material required to support your projects is delivered within acceptable timeframes and meets project schedules and objectives by successfully negotiating material requirements, in terms of quantity and delivery dates, with the project Delivery Team, Procurement & Supply Chain (P&SC) and any other relevant parties.
* Ensure that all parties are aware of the current material status of each project, advising on any changes in requirements and any resulting risks/ impacts (current or potential) with recommendations on how to mitigate this risk/ impact.
* Liaising with all related procurement and materials experts to ensure supply chain activity meets the project's requirements.
* Working within the P&SC escalation structure to ensure that activity to mitigate material supply risk is delivered to agreed timelines.
* Ensure that 1043 repairable items are ordered in a timely manner for the project's requirements, including return of E0 assets.
* Lead on undertaking material risk assessments for future programmes of work aligned to platforms.
* Engage with Customer representatives where appropriate to articulate material risk, discuss alternative options and represent the whole Babcock team when discussing delivery.
* Report on project's material enablement status, highlighting risks to the Project Manager and working with P&SC team to put in place agreed mitigating actions.
* Conduct periodic review of cross-serviced items utilised within the project, ensuring that lack of system demand records are highlighted.
* Work with the Workshop Management team to understand material deficiencies, identify alternative solutions and escalate risk to the Project Manager.
* Understand future project requirement material forecasts and liaise with the Forecasting and Planning Team to ensure accuracy of the forecast demands and data integrity. Lead on assessment of material risk for future work packages with Forecasting and Planning and wider Delivery Team.
* Raise Relief Claims in the system for material related Authority Dependencies where required.
The experience you'll bring:
* Experience of supply chain management
* Experience of SAP ERP systems,
* Ability to manage priorities and fulfil time-critical tasks within deadlines, and work proactively on own initiative
* High level of IT / Computer literacy ( in particular MS Excel)
* Excellent planning, co-ordination and organisation skills
* Strong commercial awareness and customer relationship management skills
* Build and maintain relationships by engaging functional colleagues to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives.
* Level 5 in National Qualification Framework (NQF) as a minimum (foundation degree, Level 5 NVQ, high national diploma (HND)) or equivalent workplace experience
What else do I need to know?
* All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please visit our careers website. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.