Job Title: Senior Quality & Improvement Specialist
Location: Coulport, Helensburgh, G84 0PD
Compensation: £40,000 - £45,000 depending on experience + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: 44128
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as a Senior Quality & Improvement Specialist. You will lead the provision of Quality Assurance support to the ABL Alliance and its associated supply chain, ensuring compliance with relevant standards, identifying and delivering improvement opportunities. You will deliver business area support in the form of QMS governance, non-conformance management, organisational change management and improvement advice.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Senior Quality & Improvement Specialist who has knowledge Six Sigma, Business process re-engineering and Change Management
What will you be doing?
Your key responsibilities will include:
* Assist the Base Quality Manager in maximising the utilisation of all of the Quality Assurance sections resource. Ensure that all tasks are carried out in accordance with the Company's cost, time and quality requirements. (AC17)
* Implementation of the Company Safety, Quality and Environmental policies in the Quality Assurance area. Design of Measures for key processes for Quality Assurance and delivery of associated improvement projects.
* Design and Implementation of the ABL Audit Programme and the SWS Inspection Programme
* Conduct investigations and report on Product Safety related incidents and Quality Escapes across ABL.Conduct assessments to drive quality and standardisation of implementation, identifying conflicts, issues and opportunities for improvement.
* Design and Delivery of Quality Assurance related induction and training.
* Assist the Head of Compliance (ABL) in the delivery of the ABL Quality Strategy.
The experience you'll bring
Ideal Qualifications and Experience:-
* Achieved ISO9001 Lead Auditor Qualification
* Achieved Chartered Quality Institute Level 3 qualification or equivalent
* Achieved Chartership with the Quality Management Institute
* Site Operations Quality Management practice.
* Quality Management tools and techniques.
* Risk management techniques.
* Process Improvement techniques.
* Business Applications
* Ability to obtain full SC Clearance
* Candidates must demonstrate that they meet and uphold our Purpose and Principles.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Share Ownership Scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
HM Naval Base Clyde is located 6 miles north of Helensburgh in the West of Scotland. We are well placed for commuter links to Glasgow and the wider region, but it is recommended for employees to travel by car due to the location.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.