Job Title: Apprentice Technical Trainer
Location: Wymbush, Milton Keynes, GB, MK8 8DF
Compensation: £27,500 to £35,000 DOE + vehicle or vehicle allowance
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF34906
Are you a motor vehicle technician looking to step away from the tools? This is an amazing opportunity to pass on your skills and knowledge, working on a leading manufacturer programme in one of the leading automotive and development centres.
This is a great opportunity to join Babcock International as an Apprentice Technical Trainer, supporting and maintaining the apprentice programme for learners aged 16 and above, while at the same time delivering excellent standards for the Volkswagen Group UK.
Babcock International Group is a FTSE 250 business and is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation.
Our Skills & Learning business is one of the UK's largest private sector providers of vocational and skills training. We work in partnership major employers across the Service and Engineering sectors to help develop their people.
Who we are looking for?
You will be a flexible and adaptable person with the desire to share knowledge, motivate and encourage learning, using your highly positive and solution focussed attitude. Great interpersonal and communication skills are of course key, along with good time management and attention to detail.
What will you be doing?
As the Technical Trainer for the apprentice programme, you will play a key role in delivering a range of technical courses via a three year training programme. You will also support the wider Babcock training provision, when or if required.
Your duties will include:
- Delivering all courses in line with the relevant Awarding Organisation requirements which includes registration, assessment and certification of delegates.
- Maximising the capacity of the course through the preparation of marketing material and information.
- Ensuring all course materials are booked within the appropriate timescales and that delegates receive written joining information prior to the course.
The experience you'll ideally bring
- Proven experience in the Automotive Industry
- Level 3 light vehicle service and maintenance or equivalent
- Training or Teaching Qualifications or experience - Desireable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have or have the ability to obtain Enhanced DBS security clearance with Children's and Adults' Barred List check
Should you be successful and invited to interview you will be required to complete a criminal declaration form. Please note this does not disqualify you from the role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Company vehicle or cash in lieu
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Flexible work life balance
* Share ownership scheme
* Personal development and training provided
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
About Babcock Training
With a rich history of service excellence, Babcock is a trusted name across the training and apprenticeships market. We have an enviable track record in delivering intelligent and compelling workforce development solutions and are one of the UK's largest and most reputable training providers.
Having delivered apprenticeships for over 20 years we have developed an enviable reputation across the marketplace, delivering high quality solutions for employers and apprentices alike.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
- We believe the position you are applying for is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such, should you be invited to interview you will be required to declare all unspent convictions and conditional cautions, and all spent convictions and adult cautions (simple or conditional) that are not 'protected' (i.e. that are not filtered out) as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2020); and
- The position you are applying for may involve engaging in regulated activity with children and/or vulnerable adults and it is a criminal offence to apply for this role if you are barred from working with children and/or vulnerable adults. Given the nature of the role, employment is conditional upon a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check which will include a children's and/or adults' barred list check, and you will be required to provide the necessary identification documents at interview to enable the DBS check to be completed before you commence employment. These identification documents may be different to those required to confirm your right to work in the UK.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.