Manpower are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of our client based in Peterborough for Warehouse Operatives to join their team on a temporary to permanent basis with an immediate start!
Full/part time: Full time
Working Hours: 08.30am - 05.30pm Mon to Fri.
Temporary - Permanent opportunity.
About the role:
To ensure that the warehouse and distribution centre operates in accordance with Company policy, procedures, practice, and legislative requirements. To help and assist the warehouse team in achieving the day to day targets for customer orders. To ensure that goods are being packaged and dispatched out in a timely manner that adequately protects them from damage or deterioration during transportation. To ensure goods are received, inspected and treated correctly and handled in a correct and proper manner to avoid damage.
Some of your duties will include:
- Unloading and loading
- Stock replenishment and rotation
- General house-keeping duties
- Some heavy lifting
- Experience working in a warehouse environment
- Excellent English - both written & spoken
- Good communication skills
- Experience with using hand tools - desirable
- Experience with hand held scanners and barcoded operations preferable
- Experience in picking and packing
- Knowledge of Health and Safety procedures preferable
- Basic computer skills
- Hard working, reliable and honest
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining high standards
- Ability to work using own initiative whilst adopting a methodical approach to work - employing effective time and task management.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now!