Job Title: Signalling Installer
Location: Belfast / Derry / Londonderry
Compensation: £25,808 plus Roster Premium, Overtime + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF43990
Be where you matter
At Babcock, we're creating a safe and secure world, together - and you can play your part. As a Signalling Installer, you'll help to deliver £multi-million rail projects in Northern Ireland through our partnership with the country's rail operator, Translink. Join us and you can develop priceless skills and experience as part of our international aerospace, defence, and security company. The future's ours to build. It all starts with you.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Babcock as a Signalling Installer, to carry out work as directed safely and efficiently, ensuring that all work complies with current quality and group line standards. This is the ideal time to join and be part of a valued team, while also developing a future career at Babcock international.
Babcock International and Translink
From the £33m Coleraine to Derry~Londonderry rail systems project, to the Whitehead Station level crossing works: Babcock International is delivering major Northern Ireland rail plans, as partner to Translink. Building on these successes, we're growing and taking on even more high-profile projects such as the Belfast Transport Hub. Whether you're a skilled or aspiring rail professional, there's some incredible opportunities.
As the Signalling Installer, you will be responsible for assisting the Senior Installer/Technician to achieve their duties as required in a safe and responsible manner. With the ability to work independently, or as part of a team, you will undertake work as directed, ensuring acceptable productivity and workmanship of all the team members which may include both agency and subcontractors on site.
What will you be doing?
* Ensuring all work is carried out taking due cognisance of personal safety and safety of colleagues
* Ensuring all site operations are carried out, and in accordance with standards
* Undertaking COSS, Lookout, Site Warden, and Hand signalman duties as required, together with other relevant safety duties
* Using power tools and portable plant where certified to do so
* Carrying out / assisting in S.M.T.H work as required
* Deputising for the Senior Installer as required
* Working independently as required
* S&T work experience
* Signalling modules SMTH, Mod 3c, Mod 5 desirable
* PTS, Hand signaller, Lookout, COSS and PC desireable
* Good mechanical skills, basic electrical knowledge
* Able to drive or willing to learn
* Must be fully flexible to workdays, evenings, nights, and weekends
* Must be willing to undergo pre-employment screening (including, but not limited to credit check, personal and employment references, qualification checks and a drugs & alcohol and medical assessment)
What we offer
* Roster premium
* 28 days and Bank Holidays
* Overtime opportunities
* Auto Enrolment into the Babcock Pension Scheme
* Eligibility to join Babcock Share Scheme
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* BIG Benefits Employee Benefits Scheme
* Tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Feel trusted to deliver
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive.
Closing date: 31st July 2022