Job Title: Electrical Vehicle Technician
Location: Walsall, West Midlands, WS2 8LD
Compensation: £20,303.71 to £26,010.82 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43771
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as an Electrical Vehicle Technician. You will be responsible for the Fitting, repairing, installation and integration of enhanced electrical and electronic systems in motor vehicles.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who is a great team player with a flexible approach to work. You will need to have a keen eye to detail and have the ability to build positive working relationships.
What will you be doing?
As an Electrical Vehicle Technician you will
* Fit, repair, install and integrate enhanced electrical and electronic systems in motor vehicles.
* Design and develop electrical solutions for vehicles.
* Fault finding and rectification.
* Read and interpret electrical wiring plans and diagrams.
* Modify electrical circuits, assess cable sizes and AMP capacity; including loom building and installation, crimping skills including co-axial connections.
The experience you'll bring
* NVQ level 2 or significant automotive electrical experience is essential
* Experience of working in a high-pressure time sensitive commercially driven environment is desirable.
* Knowledge of Quality & Environmental Standards and processes
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 27th July 2022