Job Title: Plumbing and Heating Engineer
Location: Chatham Building 29, Kent, ME4 4UX
Compensation: £30,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF44066
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as a Plumbing and Heating Engineer. You will be joining a team of 6 Engineers. This is a diverse role where you will be accountable for a mix role of plumbing, repairs of pipe work and looking at pumps in plant rooms.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced individual and an all-rounder who is proactive and has a 'can do' attitude. You will need excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with customers efficiently and the ability to prioritise your work effectively and be able to work well under your own initiative
What will you be doing?
As a Plumbing and Heating Engineer you will
* To deliver planned, reactive and remedial maintenance services to all mechanical systems and equipment, heating, ventilation, water hygiene, sanitary and drainage systems, plus all associated components across the Estate
* Complete day to day site checks, work orders, and repairs / fault finding as required in support of the company's service level obligations, ensuring a safe and efficient operating environment
* Conduct Planned Preventative Maintenance which may include but not limited to temperature checks, flushing fire hydrants, cleaning shower heads, cold water tank inspections.
* Respond to reactive maintenance jobs that come in frequently throughout day. These may include leaking taps, air handling unit faults, blocked toilets, repairing faulty pipework. Resetting gas values when needed.
* Infrequent small project work such as radiator replacement, fan / booster sets, bathroom fitouts.
* Understand and adhere to the Standard Operating Procedures for mechanical services across the Estate
* Support asset replacement programs including mechanical system upgrades or replacements as required
The experience you'll bring
* Plumbing qualification desirable not essential
* Essential experience in plumbing or mechanical work
* Can do behaviour / positive behaviour
* You will need to be a problem solver and an analytical thinker
* Full UK driving licence is essential
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* Share ownership scheme
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 4th July 2022