Job Title: Quality Assurance Engineer
Compensation: £32,660 - £36,893 + pension (matched up to 8%) + 25 days holiday
Role Type: Full Time / Permanent
Job ID: SF45121
We have a new opportunity for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join us at Babcock Devonport within Laboratory Services as part of the business support team. Laboratory Services is part of the Technical Services function that is responsible for the provision of technical support across Devonport Royal Dockyard and the wider Babcock.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for you to be a proactive and enthusiastic Quality Assurance Engineer, with experience in quality management, auditing and ideally have ISO 9001 knowledge. You will have strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with an ability to explain reasoning behind decisions. You will also be able to adapt to changing situations and requirements from stakeholders.
What will you be doing?
As a Quality Assurance Engineer your responsibilities will include, but won't be limited to:
* Assistance and guidance on quality related matters
* Ensuring we understand and meet our quality commitments
* Measuring by auditing the level of conformance to management system standards
* Defining and monitoring non-conformities from internal and external audits, and customers; and informing teams concerned to enable corrective actions to be implemented
* Supporting teams in the updating of processes and documentation
* Keeping the risk register up to date
* Supporting varied improvement projects
This is an excellent opportunity to further develop your assurance skills and experience within a supportive environment to help you progress within Babcock.
The experience you'll bring
* A Level 3 qualification in a STEM related subject or equivalent experience in engineering
* You'll be either qualified or experienced in quality management having a recognised professional qualification or working towards one
* You will possess good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively with others within teams and external auditors
* An understanding of ISO 9001 would be beneficial
* The ability to adapt to changing situations and requirements
You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 13/07/2022