An excellent opportunity has arisen to join our client a world leading global aerospace manufacturing organisation in Belfast as a Maintenance Technician. This is an ongoing role paying £33923.76, working 36hr week, Mon - Thurs 7.30am-15.55pm & Fri 7.30am-11.50pm, however you may be required to work shifts.
Purpose of the Job
Work to create an environment within the team which encourages superior performance in the diagnosis, repair, servicing and proactive maintenance of all production facilities ensuring optimum equipment availability and reliability in accordance with current health & safety, environmental and statutory legislation.
- Inspecting, diagnosing, repairing, modifying, servicing and maintaining production equipment across all sites.
- Planning and scheduling all routine and non-routine maintenance activities ensuring compliance with Environmental, Health & Safety Legislation and safe house-keeping practices.
- Completing maintenance activities on production equipment to conform to the manufacturer's specifications.
- Ensuring all maintenance activities are recorded accurately, effectively communicated and stored in accordance with departmental procedures to ensure compliance with Company quality standards and with legislation.
- Liaising & communicating at a technical level with suppliers and operations on ongoing issues and forthcoming proactive works.
- Promoting team building and shared learning whilst encouraging innovative thinking and continuous improvement in all aspects of the job.
- Assisting in the compliance auditing of maintenance processes, planned repairs, service and inspection, and spares usage for a designated area to ensure sustainability.
- Ensuring contractors completing maintenance activities adhere to the company safe systems of work and relevant legislation, and that all relevant documentation and procedures are in place prior to commencement of contractual works.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that sufficient detail is provided on the application form to demonstrate how the applicant meets essential job criteria, as this alone will be used for vetting purposes.
- Must have minimum of 3 years' experience in similar role
- Have completed an Engineering Mechanical/Electrical Apprenticeship or attained an NVQ Level 3 in Engineering.
Additionally, candidates must be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience in the following:
- Use and application of a computerised maintenance management system.
- Legislation and guidelines pertaining to the maintenance-engineering environment.
- Diagnostic and analytical capabilities.
- Electrical, Mechanical, PLC and CNC systems.
- Communicating in an effective manner.