Job Title: Overhead Accountant
Compensation: £ 32,660 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF45326
Our Finance Department supports the Business Unit Management team in the achievement of strategy and financial objectives, through best practise financial reporting and control.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an Overhead Accountant to provide financial information and analysis relating to the Major Infrastructure Projects Business Unit in order to maintain financial control.
What will you be doing?
* Production of, scrutiny of and explanation of monthly overhead accounts for Major Infrastructure Projects, ensuring consistent application of best practice financial controls. To include analysis of under/over spend and information regarding key cost drivers.
* Production and interpretation of key financial models, including A4's and contractor schedules.
* Conduct investigations into labour and overhead costs, interrogate and report as necessary to management.
* Ensure liaison with Managers to produce forecasts and budgets to established timetables. Engage in monthly reviews with managers and ensure finance are providing the correct level of management information to aid in operational decision making.
* Perform any ad hoc duties as directed by the Senior Accountant.
The experience you'll bring
* Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
* Excellent communication skills are essential as is experience of working with non-finance managers and challenging complex financial data.
* AAT Qualified / Part Qualified CIMA/ACCA or equivalent
You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 15/07/2022