IT Infrastructure Delivery Analyst
Location: Keynsham, Bristol, GB, BS31 2AT
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time / Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic IT Infrastructure Delivery Analyst to join us and be part of the MOD Hosted Services Bristol-based team. In this role you'll specialise within the infrastructure support team, supporting new MOD hosted infrastructure delivery, onboarding of new MOD IT services and the renewal/tech refresh of existing services, under the direction of the MOD Hosted Services Lead and Infrastructure Technical Delivery/Bid Support Lead. This is a great opportunity to be part of a valued team and develop a future career with Babcock International.
This role is based at Keynsham, Bristol with very occasional travel to other sites expected. Ad-hoc occasions work out of normal core offices hours and/or be on call to support our critical IT systems hosting/delivery tasks is also expected.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a confident individual who will support the generation of hosted services bid packs, working closely and effectively with wider stakeholders to deliver and support solutions that offer maximum business benefit to the customer.
What will you be doing?
In this role you may be required to cover other general infrastructure duties as part of the wider MOD Hosted Services delivery team.
What the role involves:
- Carries out a full range of IT tasks associated with working as part of a dedicated and focused IT infrastructure team in running our critical MOD data centre and core applications, including managing and monitoring server hardware and software, and installation, support and upgrade of hardware and software.
- The role will be focussed within the infrastructure support team on new infrastructure delivery and the onboarding of new/renewed IT services, including IT technical bid pack preparation for new IT projects.
- The role requires a close working relationship with the wider Babcock technical teams to deliver solutions that offer business benefit to the customer and are fully compliant with MOD requirements/JSP rules.
- The candidate will be required to lead on engagement with vendors, directly or via third party suppliers, to support the procurement of new, and renewal of existing, software and hardware products & licenses.
- Additional responsibilities include acting an Infrastructure team focal point lead for the Bid Managers/Project Managers to interface with for all matters relating to the IS infrastructure component of the service delivery.
- The role holder should possess the IT knowledge to make informed and responsible decisions, which are technically sound and take fully into account the needs of the business and the customer.
The experience you'll bring
- Experience with IT Infrastructure systems delivery in a second line role within a complex/demanding environment, including hardware, software, information management, and network support tasks.
- The candidate must have an understanding of current/emerging IT technologies including Windows/Linuxservers, virtualisation, plus knowledge of core services like Exchange, Skype, CITRIX & Core Office apps.
- Knowledge of common IT monitoring and patching products such as Solarwinds, WSUS, SCCM.
- Experience of preparing IT technical bid documentation and presentations to the customer desirable.
- You must hold or have ability to obtain SC/DV security clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 15th July 2022